Wednesday, June 9, 2010

RUST!


The driver's side seat (Just driver's seat?) well that seat came out pretty easily. The bottom of the seat is pretty rusted. I am not sure what I am going to do with these little pieces of history. But replacing them with new delorean seats is out of the question because the cost is so high. Just for new leather it is $500 and as we can see, that is just the tip of the iceberg. Aftermarket lightweight seats are in the $400-$600 range. Bottom line is I am not set on the seats for this car, anything that is black will do nicely.



The passenger's seat was not as easy to come out. I am betting that the car was not level and there was more water sitting on the passenger's side. Here is what the rails looked like.


Getting that seat out took some force. The whole thing was rust-cemented to the floor mats. After I was sure that force was both needed and safe I then got a 1x4 to use as a lever. The lever was quickly broken. I upped it to a 2x4 and it came out.






1 comment:

  1. ouch that's some really nasty rust. Careful with aftermarket seats, they will run more than 400 once you factor in the custom rails you will need....and that might be a difficult proposition depending on your bolt spacing on the floor

    ReplyDelete